Monday, June 21, 2010

The Chat House with Michael Wilbon: NBA Finals, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and more

ARLINGTON, Va.: After the end of NBA, Jerry West reiterated that while Kobe Bryant Lakers are playing the best ever "Kobe Bryant the best ever to play Lakers. Period I love Magic Johnson, and help him. However Magic Johnson was more faithful to help you play five-time All - Stars. Kobe Bryant is the ability to vary. He is remembered as one of the two or three best players all the time, I think.

 The might think that evaluation of Jerry West, the organized some

Michael Wilbon: Hi everybody ... To you home from Washington, DC is a happy home, I first thought. 70 gentle ocean breeze and it is difficult to leave, especially when it's 93 and humid as hell. I think me never used it. However this is my summer in DC 32 or something ... But there are sooo many things, including access to the World Cup supposedly written by John wizard Wall Thursday, US Open finals NBA and burn at home, I started with. This question because many of them about Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan and Kobe, Kobe, or place in the game of all time or the Lakers.

I've developed a kind of coherence in this day and now starting with this: Kobe Bryant is the best player in the game today. He has won the most reliable tancadores best people with the killer instinct. That can do more than people out there. Skill sets, but LeBron James would be great Anyway, Kobe is the best that could be one of the 20 players of all time now.

Magic Johnson but I began to despise the opinion of everyone in this region because the Lakers Kobe created to praise, blessing and Jerry West is a kind man ... Not selfish instinct in your body. .. And who played the biggest set of executives ... But Kobe Bryant was not near as big or as impressive player Magic Johnson was not listening close And do not stop writing about me hating Kobe is a good player. I like watching the game of love that I became a journalist Tan columnist / Thank you and I curse. I want to say us have nearly 10 years and appreciate really real chance to see Kobe Bryant closely



Not great, but Magic and Larry Bird invented modern game of basketball with professional basketball satisfied through his redefinition of what happened. They invented the game we see today in Kobe's career, he never played the game to play Magic NBA Finals Game 6 in Philadelphia, his season beginner. A rookie playing on the road instead of Kareem Abdul - Jabbar, should be zero biggest ever lived in three (two fixed and shrink back before Russell), Magic with 42 points, 15 rebounds three clothing ... Help people in September than 30 years Magic did not know that 31 years ago? People under 40 years of Jerry West knows I know now people forget quickly play large as they mainly solid forget, forget that they very clever online players the most with their hearts UCA Magic the Finals. The ninth in 12 years of hell, you only have to lose in the playoffs, Jordan, Bird, Moses Malone, Julius Erving and Moses, Hakeem and I think the Portland Trailblazers the second to last person in the 12th New Year Yes, Magic.play the best players expand Pre - play ALL the players better. However you know that if you play Magic at Hawks and Dominique Wilkins thinks he will not except? If the player with the Magic Fat Lever and Alex English Denver, you think they won? Please enough and I would not have started with the stupid comparisons that Jordan Kobe Bryant can do better than Michael Jordan was what The answer is no.

I love Kobe is the best. However there is nothing he can - the management customer, imaging, treatment rebotejar through - near as good as Michael Jordan. Say what you tell me who Michael shot 54 percent twice in his career. Play the same position with weak defenders when you cannot by law, such as physics, Kobe never shot 48 percent, you know how much more efficient just 6 percent per year during filming for the players? And I do not think Oscar and Elgin Baylor, the only player in the disadvantages of his career ... So I respected Jerry West as people here, but I've seen all I've seen the Magic and occupation. Kobe, and so I'm not interested in defering people when trying to build my argument to both the Magic and I cannot imagine that person actually care much about - excpet for the family of the Lakers who are interested in supporting two players - as appropriate by way of - make the case better than Magic Kobe.

Kornheiser makes a better case if there is a team and win games for the Magic to use his life and guess what I'm having a hard time to the magic for us ... Game 6 in Philadelphia, can play all five positions Kobe. You can do this? Michael does not? Not

_______________________.

Memory, Ann Arbor, Michigan: Type the line of the article in last day of Kobe, and how short people every year seem to be talking about the latest (enter sport here) finals, in which the largest in history. No one really does it for the NBA this year, these are the worst in history?

Michael Wilbon: Many people have a short memory and it is very disappointing and sad, so nasty that sometimes work better working smart players and coaches have brought in. This is a flaw in our culture ... I Really speaking, the better.

_______________________.

Washington, DC: Do you think Kobe is critical as the five rings. After being linked to more than Jordan or Shaq?

Michael Wilbon: Kobe Jordan is the love they need to have good success. Be happy or not feeling the "Take bleep you!" But Kobe Shaq, and the rich conflict, some people are not satisfied. Has a different feel. Understandably ...

_______________________.

Washington, DC: You hear anything about the status of the keys in or not. Do you think Yao will have to stop the treatment does not want to rest kneeing?

Michael Wilbon: How do I hear from people who know enough to restore Gilbert made good to us ... I asked someone about this issue last week and told Gil just look good and most importantly, what should be done. Do that is larger than it seems, we know that he was not. I did immediately after he was injured when his attorney instead of listening to people who know most about these things than he.

_______________________.

Philadelphia: I see on you're right , it almost Manute Sixers resources fairly (but better than Shaun Bradley) and letters (to enjoy his interaction with Barkley), but good to remember that are trying to help people.

Michael Wilbon: We plan to talk about Manute Today Tony and I found him irresistible when he was here with bullets in the 1980s, I played basketball for collecting tons of time and practice, especially in the playoffs at will be in a pickup basketball game with Manute, funny and interesting they are big companies often used as side shows. I was laughing with him ... Very sad when in the passed year have health problems. And I was very sorry to hear of his death in recent days ...

_______________________.

Los Angeles: Mike Hi!

To hit the confidence of having Ron Artest when he cannot buy a basket in Boston, I was surprised that he shoot to them under the control back to Los Angeles?

I was 3 kg rebounds in seven games that the affect of fatigue than anything else.

Thanks!

Michael Wilbon: Great ... You know what questions I was not surprised when most professional athletes recover from serious to good performances. Meditation and self-confidence in the ability to repair them desil.lusió Special ... So Ron Artest is not a great athlete by any opponent and his team hope that he is out and vomiting in threes, sometimes very hot and will help your team do it.

_______________________.

A legacy of questions tiger, Crystal City: Mike: Count me as people who agree with your article on Kobe WWW and discussion of the legacies I love the sport when I consider Kobe to Tiger and legacies only a few years after completion of play I guess it interesting to consider at this time, but arc the former, he is the Tiger to continue for Jack He Kobe to the MJ and his Magic Tales moral recent modern children of today need to avoid (. Listen: Kobe, Tiger and Ben Roethlisberger): Mike Tyson.

Michael Wilbon: Oh yes Yes, yes.

_______________________.

Grand Rapids, Michigan: Lakers shot 21 free frame for the Celtics in June, the fourth quarter of Game 7 of the charities rated, rate pattern from the back of winning this Currently, the Lakers are perceived aggression in the final and should be useful in some line ... 6.21? Whazzup with that?

Michael Wilbon: I usually go to these numbers. However the truth is that Celtic have launched  the bridge fading as Lakers to cart No Kendrick Perkins for Celtics a killer beat to everything in this series, and Perkins is critical to this effort Celtic dead tired and cannot collect enough to power the basket of the game after the first step. Therefore, here it makes, sense that the Lakers force trip he won more free throw, line.

_______________________.

Grand Rapids, Michigan: Tiger as your opinion, why not do yesterday is what

Michael Wilbon: As with my opinion why Ernie and Phil does not win yesterday because I cannot play good enough for a difficult golf course because they are not bright. These can be won in golf overanalyzed best players in the world, which is set to U. S. Open, and often do not not accept Tiger ... Phil and Ernie cannot

_______________________.

Phoenix, Arizona: Some comments discouraged me after the FIFA Dispute duty officer in the United States, Slovenia, Brazil and Ivory Coast, the game as well as in other contexts.

You tend to attract the NFL and now I begin to think that FIFA is pretty arrogant with professional sports clubs out there that are not seen as arrogant or highminded in handling the medium player / fan?

Michael Wilbon: FIFA is incredulously arrogant. Staff, it will be ashamed for what happened and they do not seem to be very shy FIFA true when it comes to these things, so do not be scared

_______________________.

Perception of Ron Artest: Artest beat Lakers and support throughout the playoffs as much to restore the perception of Ron Artest in the league?


Michael Wilbon: I certainly cannot hurt to think that helped me not exaggerate. However it won deodorant to cover (degrees) all the stink is the Artest does not really have the pulse of the palace of the evil right? I cannot think of any. I used to say that Artest talk about the situation he grew seriously need help. He talks about it ... However success means to win with a good team that will credit Mr. Artest.

_______________________.

New York, NY: The Finals NBA difficulties when compared to countries the World Cup is not difficult for me to bother him much. I never thought, I'd talk about the last seven games among the Lakers and Celtics, but I feel as though they play Grey Cup.

Michael Wilbon: This is the agenda of them and not shared nationwide Game 7 is that enough to the people who see the playoff final of Michael Jordan in 1998 by the 18th again that they know. Technology enough to clicker or remote control, as mentioned before not. You will see two or not. In fact, many Worlds Cup games in the afternoon because of different times and NBA games begin hours later. You do not like decisions.

_______________________.

Short Memories: Mike - I agree with the point defects in our culture. However I think his other employer - ESPN - a major culprit behind this is if the 24-hour news cycle about sports is that Mike Greenberg will speak with the medium last night baseball game in June is the time.memorable in the history of the biggest reasons, ridicule, and then repeat the next day with a great thing. When something really special to win like Tiger important leg broken, if ESPN cannot be accepted because it fit just days before Mike and Mike talk about four hours for other events so random "special."

Michael Wilbon: I do not want to focus on green, I love defending my friends happy ... But I do not agree to you ... Even the two documents it shared many, including me about the news around 24 -. 7 and calling into talk about how every day is great ... When everything is so good ... That's why my favorite phrase, these days is "not a big problem at all.

_______________________.

Washington, DC: I have heard many opinions about the past accept Kobe Jordan Maybe I missed something in the past year. However I've never heard of Jordan in depth about Kobe as a player if you think you know is like Jordan or Kobe "Gold is trying to create the movement I made to the court all.

Michael Wilbon: I know you love Michael Kobe as a player and I need to look in the dictionary.But I think I wrote a column a few years ago. (May be a few more since Kobe has been in the league 14 years), with Michael talking about Kobe ... But you know what ... I do not see the kind of comment is this Michael ...

_______________________.

New York, NY: Mike Your comment that lack Malian decision victory target of the U.S. or not. I do not think I've heard comments that it is.

Michael Wilbon: It is a terrible call. Heavy to be a bad call like the Jim Joyce Joyce is not destroying the game completely private calls. However at least they come right and say the wrong that I think some mitigates, whistle smaller this doctrine used, interfere with the parliamentary football world who is fucking incredulous and fairly to FIFA wrong at the players we might want. Reality show for the first half and a goal to stop and return to the game ... When the game starts!

_______________________.

I'm old school, but: I do not remember other players in the Kobe discussion by fire ... It is not a good time. However others think that man should not be allowed to speak with him shooting 25 percent from more than one game before he had to work very hard to get the ball.

Michael Wilbon: Yes, I think I know what you mean. Jordan was very light on his career, but we do not forget that Jordan shot 50 percent in many years.

_______________________.

Salt Lake City, Utah: Mike Hi!

You've seen the latest round opening or a line of steel McDowell course. However what he saw that Johnson was driving away customers? How is possible. It seems that the next waive of young players that are starting to be considered.

Michael Wilbon: I have never seen televised NBC Sunday ... You talk about Johnson driving or not driving, how about that crazy Phil - 4 with a 500-foot converted ... Phil hit 393 drives you.kidding? Driver lobs wedge / 4 stock is 500 yards? This is crazy.

_______________________.

Baltimore: Do you think the process of LeBron free agency in general or not. I understand that has not been selected fully (All should go straight to the NBA) so they want to experience. However there is also indecoróS ... All people hostage in the league is actually unlucky.

However see Dwyane Wade, who arguably just as free agents want to be LeBron. Is very inconspicuous, even claiming that he once again to Miami, and selecting silent friends own free agents. LeBron visualize the rapid success will look like before the big ego trip?

Michael Wilbon: What's LeBron, exactly? He said nothing, but Cleveland is not advantageous for him march in Los Angeles (scissors fans), he is not in any sports radio or recruiting trip.What are you talking about? Holding hostage the league do. He cans do anything? Wade is summmit to talk about a "free agent" and all that. LeBron broader D - Wade that because you know more about the other one, but with LeBron what hell I was locked in and not doing Jack that onto Los Angeles and dined at the restaurant. And a hot date. It does not show the line in the game. He cans do anything?

_______________________.

Anonymous: Speaking of 24-hour sports news cycle, I found very funny the news that the son of Michael Jordan said that Kobe Bryant is not near as good as his father is. That is news? When the son of Jordan said that Kobe was the best - now that more news

I think you should get the shirt read "Not that much."

Michael Wilbon: Maybe I love that ... I also heard that the son of MJ, I'll click something else.Thanks for the suggestions.

_______________________.

Virginia: Mike, what the bad: the team spirit that we call the game in Slovenia called cost blow Galarraga perfect game if Team USA advances that I would not say that the perfect game to have a bad run. However Tiger still won, and in the coarse of the season in 162 games that are not really that much about already. However America does not progress because there is no point, I think that it may affect long-term coarse of U.S. soccer.

Michael Wilbon: We talk in office World Cup very big game regular season baseball game, but very full life after the big thing ... Wow, I do not know is not quite done for. We see what the NFL called again at any time about the punishment should not be called or should be called ... No, I guess, because baseball is in my blood called for the Cup and that call from Jim Joyce explosion that cost him the game that child complete their questions Great.

_______________________.

Swing Barkley: Michael.

Use to review / swing model Sir Charles? Realize that it may very worst reputation of any "golfer and a final drilling during the rest of us weekend hackers?

Michael Wilbon: Charles makes fun of his swing is not required to do know more than around.Rarely, if ever ... Hell, my swing for my beautiful photography of others may change ... K. Tony.

_______________________.

Phoenix: In June 1998 I live and work abroad in a small rural village in Honduras (Central America), walk in the house made of mud and cement to the TV through the window a small adjustment to the NBA Finals Bulls and Jazz.

Although the NBA is not in the U.S. almost exclusively a local issue.

Michael Wilbon: Thanks for that, and may tap on the agenda.

_______________________.

Raleigh, North Carolina: Do you feel impressed by the actions of the U.S. Open McDowell Havret surprised by the inability of Phil, Tiger and Ernie do.

Michael Wilbon: more impressed McDowell ... Hell, Ernie has not won US Open in 13 years and never won Phil ... Do not expect Tiger to win a ride from three wins.

_______________________.

Washington, DC: Mike.

Earvin ever talk to your health What I saw two years ago in Washington and look good. I'm glad he used the status of HIV as a way to prove that they do not have death penalty.

Michael Wilbon: He talked to him about? However do not do well. I'm always in the playoffs with the Magic and how to eat, exercise and care for yourself so that we cannot. (As far as I know) would like to feel about health We know personally. However it seems that the picture of health and know that every day and hope to continue.

_______________________.

Open Broadcasting: there is a large outdoor time only on Saturday and after about 9:30 on Sunday? I want to follow the NBA right I do not buy the arguments of the West Coast ratings data that support what I say!

Michael Wilbon: I may be wrong all wrong. We look at the numbers. And one hour before the game starts Sunday, leading to low ratings. I know it seems crazy. If I play all the time in the afternoon, the children will see, blah, blah, and I saw my mistake and I'm wrong numbering.

_______________________.

McLean, Va.: Mike,

I do not know LeBron and Nike, but appears to be planning "Free Agency Tour" launched with new shoes in every visit.

Michael Wilbon: seriously?

_______________________.

Anonymous: I love football and I think the king is the best sport. However I feel ashamed for the breakup. Do you know of other sports, many players injured, Fake? Weather the human species?

Michael Wilbon: Do not like Kaka will not like football driver yesterday was a joke.

_______________________.

Washington, DC: Izzo surprised about the Cavs to open?

Michael Wilbon: Tony, I think, and I said repeatedly in the days before they announced the decision Izzo think we are at Michigan State way from where you God and the work that you do not know why you go. There if LeBron leaves Cleveland as a team of 25 awards for next year why the Izzo?


_______________________.

Starks with Kobe: if not to hit some key features Artest, Kobe will be compared with John Starks 7 game performance? Kobe is awesome game history 7 (but still MVP), and this is whatAre not talking about Magic or MJ.

Michael Wilbon: Great, thanks for this point.

_______________________.

Washington, DC: I think Game 7 relief why Kobe is not Jordan, he plays as if he believes that the ninth green shirt in court. Jordan trusted teamates to hit another key when opening images.

Michael Wilbon: Thanks for that ... Remember, Steve Kerr Utah beat the pass from Jordan, John Paxon Lakers win the pass from Jordan ... John Paxon won the Sun (but this happens I think Horace Grant) ...

_______________________.

Anonymous: I do not understand people who say they are not done in football but I think the NFL the difference between 3-1 21-7 in a game like football games in the NFL is in the red each week.

Michael Wilbon: I! I like this talk will be very serious, but I like it.

_______________________.

Fairfax, Va.: Prisbell you read about John Wall? You do not feel about the decision to disclose criminal record how Father John Wall.

Michael Wilbon: I did not read the wall continues to work tonight but I'm to fly to fall asleep on the plane I used to publish IPADE ... Well, I better run I said Tony เฅ suspension preparation time ... Well next week. We will reconvene after the draft, and we are many in Johns Wall ... Talk to you then ... Thanks MW.

_______________________.

Editor 's Note: washingtonpost.com. Edit maintains, control over Discussions and choose the most relevant questions for guests and family guests and family can decline to answer questioning. Washingtonpost.com. Is not responsible for content posted by third parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment